Nifty November @ St. Andrew’s!
Were you wondering what nifty things might be happening in November at St. Andrew’s? Here are some things to look forward to and get involved in:
- Sunday, Nov. 1st – Submissions for the newsletter are due.
- Sunday, Nov. 1st – Youth Group & PYGG Bowling Night @ Eastview (7:00 p.m.)
- Mondays, Nov. 2,9, 16 & 23 – Book Study continues on Diana Butler Bass’s book, “Christianity for the Rest of Us” (7:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, Nov. 5th – Thursday Group: Speaker Giselle Doell, Executive Director of the Friendship Inn (1:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 8th – Sunday Worship with a focus on Remembrance and Prayers for Peace in the World (11:00 a.m.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 11th – Women’s Missionary Society invites women and men to join them for a new study on refugees prepared by our national church: “Making Connections: Staying Rooted in an Uprooted World.” (7:30 p.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 15th – Canada Youth 2009 worship service will be shared at McKercher Drive (9:15 a.m.) and Calvin-Goforth (11:00 a.m.) churches (just in case you missed it at St. Andrew’s).
- Sunday, Nov. 15th – “Saints Alive” newsletter will be distributed by email or paper copy in your mail slot at the church.
- Thursday, Nov. 19th – Thursday Group meets at 1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 20th – Presbytery of Northern Saskatchewan meets at St. Andrew’s (10:00 a.m.)
- Sunday, Nov. 22nd – Guest speaker from the Saskatoon Core Neighbourhoods Youth Group (11:00 a.m.)
- Friday, Nov. 27th – Kids’ Club Bowling Night at Eastview (7:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, Nov. 28th – “Pre-Christmas Tea & Bake Sale” hosted by the Women’s League (2:00 – 4:00 p.m.) Donations of baking or time are greatly appreciated. Baking may be dropped off any time after 10:00 a.m. on the 28th.
- Sunday, Nov. 29th – First Sunday of Advent. We celebrate Holy Communion and the Advent Appeal Begins. Details about how you can participate in the Advent Appeal by giving to our local missions and programs will be in the Sunday bulletin soon.