The Season of Lent continues as we move into the month of March at St. Andrew’s. If you began some Lenten disciplines a couple of weeks ago, remember to keep them up through March. Or if you didn’t make a commitment to a Lenten discipline, here are a few of the things that folks at St. Andrew’s are doing and you may want to consider:
- Set aside some time to read scripture and pray each day during Lent. With the children of our church school consider praying the Lord’s Prayer every day, or ask Rev. Amanda for a copy of the Lenten devotional booklet “A Time to Pray” either by email or in print. Or if you would rather pray with others, come to the Prayer Group gatherings on Friday March 8th and Friday March 22nd at 11 am.
- Pick up a coin jar from the church or use another container to gather your loose change throughout the Season of Lent. Bring in your jar of coins (or write a cheque) to support Presbyterian World Service and Development. Read more about the projects supported through our Lenten appeal in the February newsletter.
- Join us at the church on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm during Lent for a bible study on “Learning Forgiveness.” We meet in the parlour for this experience including scripture study, discussion, and reflection through journalling.
Also take note of these special events and worship opportunities in the month of March:
- Friday, March 1st, 2:00 pm. Everyone is invited to the World Day of Prayer service at Knox United Church. The service this year was prepared by Christian women in France.
- Sunday, March 3rd, following worship. Please plan to stay for lunch served by the Youth Group and the Annual Financial Meeting. Copies of the 2012 Financial Reports are available from the church office.
- Sunday, March 24th is Palm Sunday. Join us for this day of celebration including special music by the children of our church school.
- Thursday, March 28th, 7 pm. We will gather for a Maundy Thursday worship service at Calvin Goforth Presbyterian Church (Sommerfeld Ave. @ 3rd Street).
- Friday, March 29th, 10:30 am. We will host the Good Friday worship service at St. Andrew’s.
- Saturday, March 30th, 8:30 am. All women are invited to the Women’s Breakfast at Mulberry’s on 3rd Avenue.
- Sunday, March 31st, 11 am. We will celebrate the resurrection of Christ on this Easter Sunday and share in the Sacrament of Holy Communion.