See You in September!
I hope that you are all enjoying these final warm days of summer in Saskatoon, but also anticipating the many new beginnings that come every year in September. We remember in prayer those embarking on new ventures in school, work or family life, and especially pray for students and teachers in our local schools and within our church programs as they begin a new year.
If you’re not out of town for this long weekend, I hope to see you this Sunday, September 1st for worship at St. Andrew’s at 11 am.
Here are some of the things coming up in our church calendar this September that you might want to make note of as you begin to organize the busy month ahead:
- Men’s breakfast at Mulberry’s (Market Mall): Monday, Sept. 2nd at 9 am and following Mondays
- Choir practice: Thursday, Sept. 5th at 7:30 pm and following Thursdays (New singers welcome!)
- Women’s Camp at Camp Christopher: Sept. 6-8th (I’m sure any last-minute registrations would be welcome.)
- Church School Teacher Training: Sunday, Sept. 8th following worship
- Prayer Shawl Group: Wednesday, Sept. 11th at 2 pm
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: Sunday, Sept. 15th at 9:30 am and following Sundays
- Church School Classes Begin: Sunday, Sept. 15th following the children’s message
- Potluck Lunch & Bible Jeopardy Game: Sunday, Sept. 15th following worship
- Youth Group: Sundays, Sept. 15th, 22nd & 29th at 7:00 pm (grades 7-12)
- Women’s Missionary Society: Monday, Sept. 16th at 7:30 pm
- Prayer Group: Fridays, Sept. 13th & Sept. 27th at 11 am
- Thursday Group: Thursday, Sept. 19th at 1:30 pm
- Re-dedication of the Stained Glass Windows from Parkview Church: Sunday, Sept. 22nd
- Women’s League: Wednesday, September 25th at 10:30 am
- Invite Friends & Family to Church Sundae: Sunday, Sept. 29th (With ice cream sundaes after worship!)
- World Communion Sunday: Sunday, Oct. 6th